Tuesday 19 February 2008

The first envelope

Hurray, my first envelope returned yesterday. Well, actually two returned at the same time. I wonder what will happen when I post them from Thailand or Japan. They might get slightly muddled up as these two trips are pretty much next to each other. It will also mean a break in obviously scanning them in.

My commute to London has started and I have been posting a few envelopes from there during the day. It's been freezing in the evenings and I am glad I don't have to walk to the letter box now.

Anyhow, here are my first two envelopes. The first one is a representation of chemical bonds commonly encountered in biological molecules. The idea for the drawing came from the cover of the Dorothy Hodgkin biography book. An absolutely must read, even if you are not a Scientist. She was a crystallographer whose work contributed to an extraordinary period of scientific discovery that included the development of penicillin and the discovery of the structure of DNA. Other medically important molecules she studied were: Vitamin B12 and Insulin. She received the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1964.



Posted on 14.02.08 at 11.40 pm

Arrived on 18.02.08

The second envelope was inspired by some dried lavender, which I have in our flat. I soooo love its smell and can't wait til it comes back into season. The scans aren't great yet, but I am hoping I can improve them with the next envelopes.

Posted on 15.02.08 T 10.20 pm

Arrived on 18.02.08

No comments: