Saturday 2 February 2008

Welcome everyone!!

Over the last couple of days I have been experimenting with how this blogging works. So here it is, my first blog! Hurrey!! I expect as I will go along, I will discover more things.

Molecules have always been of interest to me, but I also enjoy the arts. Not really being any good at drawing, I never pursuit the arts and ended up in science and undertaking a PhD in Structural Biology, which is nearly finished. I have just started to commute to London to continue my work as a Crystallographer, so I thought I start a blog to share my life with molecules with the world. I want to try to express my life as a scientist in pictures and unravel some of the mysteries. The pictures I am intending to create will be made from felt and fibres, rather than illustrations. I am hoping to develop my sketching and felting technique, which I recently learned at a felting workshop given by Rachel Louise Reynolds The Textile Cabin. So please excuse my awful drawings :). I am working on it.

It would be great, however, if you could leave feedback and tell me what you think. I already have three projects in mind, but they are at the moment at their sketching state. Some of the sketches, I will reveal tomorrow as it has already gone dark. I very much hope you will enjoy reading and learning about my world.

You might also read about some craft projects as I decided last year around this sort of time to try to make all Christmas presents. Having decided to make presents for people, I had to think about what I was going to create. I concluded to learn sewing and had a few sewing lessons and to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. Amazingly, even though the year was crowded with thesis writing, I managed to make quite a few presents for friends and family. They seemed to like their presents and hence, I am determined to do this year the same for birthday and Christmas presents. So everysooften I shall show you my craft projects. Probably, there might be a few occasions, where I will be desperate for advice.

Thanks for all your help and everything to come in advance!

No comments: