Thursday 7 February 2008

Impressive Halls

The last couple of days I have been at Earls Court 2 in London supporting my fiance during an exhibition. Earls Court 2 is a column-free exhibition space, which has an area of 17000 m2. That sounds rather a lot and indeed it turned out to be far larger than I imagined. After being all day on my feet talking to people, I fell straight into bed. Hence no posts.

Here is a little virtual tour just to show you the size of Earls Court 2.

Back from 2 days in London, I rushed the following day to a synchrotron called Diamond, which is near Oxford. You probably ask what is a synchrotron? According to the Diamond website: “A synchrotron is a huge scientific machine designed to produce very intense beams of x-rays and ultraviolet light. This “synchrotron light” can penetrate deep inside matter and allows scientists to investigate the world around us at the scale of atoms and molecules.” I use this machine to study both human and animal proteins to atomic level. No matter how many times I go to a synchrotron to do my experiments, I am still amazed how we can make really small molecules visual by using X-rays.


So I found myself in two very impressive halls.
I am hoping I can post a couple of my sketches tomorrow.

No comments: